Frequently Asked Questions
- Press the “Login” button at the top right of YouNoodle home page
- Press the button “Create an account”, you will be redirected to the signup page
- You can sign up with your e-mail address, Facebook, LinkedIn or Twitter. We advise if you choose tocreate an account through Facebook, LinkedIn or Twitter, you should deactivate your pop-up blocker.
- Welcome to YouNoodle!
- Go on YouNoodle.com
- Press the “Login” button at the top right of YouNoodle home page.
- Press the “Forgot Password” link.
- Enter the e-mail address related to your YouNoodle account, press the “Submit” button,and we will send you instructions right away!
- Login to your YouNoodle account.
- Access your account page at the top right of our homepage.
- Select the profile tab.
- From this page, you can update all your information (password, e-mail address, Twitter account, location…)
- Please remember to press the “Update” button at the bottom of the page when you’ve finishedupdating your information
I want to organize a startup program
- Click on the “products tab in the top right corner.
- Click on “Products”, scroll down and click on “YouNoodle Judge”
- Click “Sign up today”
- You will then have to log into your account again or set it up if you don’t have one. Now you can set up your competition’s name, provide a description, specify the website for the competition and the deadline for applications.
The next step is to understand the navigation bar: Setup – Set up the basic information about your program, such as application round name, deadline, time zone, admins, etc. Form Builder – Define the questions to ask your applicants. This section is divided into the Application form where you collect information about the startup, and the Personal form where you collect information from the individual applicant and team members Launch – Review the steps in creating your startup program through the checklist to make sure you have everything in your program set up correctly. This is also where you open your program so you can start accepting applications, or close your program when the deadline occurs. Metrics – Visualize your data with a set of graphs showing created and submitted applications along with other demographic information that you enter in your Application Form and Personal Form. Screening – View all your applications, move them into the correct judging round, message applicants and export data through this page. To learn how to set up your application form, please visit: “Setting up your application form”
The Form Builder is divided into the Application form and the Personal form, and each form serves a unique purpose:
Application – to gather information about the startup, such as pitch, target market, etc. To make it easier forstartups already on YouNoodle, we have included a handful of best-practice preset fields in your Application form. If you wish to remove the preset fields, please upgrade to the Custom license here: Licence
Personal – to gather specific information from the individual applicant, such as bio, birthdate, gender, etc. Settings – to change appearance of the layout such as font color, font family, etc. if you have a Standard License.
Drag and drop the question type from the sidebar on the right-hand side to the correct location. To rearrange questions, click on the up/down arrow icon and drag and drop your questions in the desired order.
Click “Label” to type the text of your question.
You can also add a ‘hint’ to help your applicant; you can also select whether the question is required/mandatory to answer, or optional.
Helpful hint: Please note that the Label in the preset fields can’t be edited. However, you can enter hints to providerelevant guidance to your applicants.
- Click on the Setup tab under Judge Round. You can now set a judge round name, a judge deadline, and a time zone
- Go to the Form Builder tab under Judge Round. You can then customize your judging form in the same way as the application form under Build.
- If you click on the Settings tab under Form Builder, you can set a score range from 1 to 100 (the option to have the range as 0 is available, however this should only be used as an internal tool as it will not count towards the average score), upload your judges guidelines if applicable and set the weight for each score – for example, you can decide that one criterion is more important than others and give it higher weights.
- Under “Manage Judging”, you can invite judges to the round, assign them, launch judge round and track the progress. Click on the judge you want to assign an application to and select the application you want to assign to this judge or click the application you want to assign to a specific judge. You can click back at any time to cancel an action.
- Under the “Results” tab, all results (scores and feedback from the judges) will be automatically compiled. You can export data and release judging scores and/or feedback to the participants.
- All applicants data is accessible via the “Screening” tab. From this tab, you will beable to sort applications (by E-mails, Name and Status) and export the data related to the applications in either Excel or a PDF format . . You can also perform a search by name, keyword or entrant.
- Under the “Metrics” tab, you can visualize your applications. If you scroll to the bottom of the page, you will also get an option to ‘add chart’ with Applicants Data.
- Go to the Email Templates tab
- Select the template you would like to edit
- You can customize the text, add images/logos and URL
- Click “Save”
The ability to customize Email Templates is only available in our Standard and Custom License, to upgrade, please click here
You can customize the look of your Application Form by clicking ‘Settings’. You can edit the colorsand text of the application form as you wish. You might like to customize it in accordance with yourlogo colors so if offers a seamless experience to your participants.
The ability to customize the style of your application form is only available in our Standard and Custom License, to upgrade, please click here
You can embed the Application Form on your website to create a seamless experience for your participants. To do so:
Click “Form Builder” > “Settings”
Copy and paste the HTML code provided in the section “Application Embedding”
The ability to embed the application form on your website is only available in our Standard and Custom License, to upgrade, please click here
When you send messages through the platform, the contact person and corresponding email address will appear as the sender for all those standard messages sent from the platform. A contact person can be added from the “Admins” tab if you have a Standard License (please see the “Managing Administrators” section below). Then, you can change the contact person simply by selecting his/her name in the dropdown list.
The ability to change the contact person (and invite several admins) is only available in our Standard and Custom License, to upgrade, please click here
The application round does not launch or close automatically. Navigate to the Launch page through the left hand side navigation bar, you will see a checklist you can review to make sure everything has been completed before you launch your program. To open your Application Round click on “LAUNCH APPLICATION ROUND” on the bottom of the page and it will open up your startup program so you can start accepting applications. You can always do one final check to make sure all your questions are in order from the Application Round- Form Builder view. To close the application round, please follow the same steps and click “CLOSE APPLICATION ROUND”
To export applicants’ data, visit the “Screening” tab (on the left handside). You then have the option to export the data as either PDF (click on “Export PDF”) or Excel (“Export Excel”) at anytime in the process.
If you would like to export the data from judge rounds, click on “Results” button. Here you have the option to export Detailed scores or Average scores in Excel format at anytime in the process.
- To generate charts to have real-time statistics, go to Form Builder in your program.
- You can then add a dropdown or a checkbox or a tagbox question in your application form. By setting these questions in your application form, you can click “Add Chart” from the Metrics tab and generate real-time statistics based on participants’ answers.
For all application rounds, there is the possibility to publish a program marketing page so entrepreneurs program from the startups page which will increase your reach.
To publish a program marketing page, you have to first set it up, please visit: “How can I set up my program marketing page? “ to learn more about how to customize the page.
To publish a program page, click on the “Marketing Page” tab and Publish it by checking the box.
To be a featured program on our homepage or to be visible to the YouNoodle network in the newsletter, you need to purchase a marketing service. Please contact us here
I’m participating in a program
An application form is the application you have to fill out in order to apply for a program.
Please note: If the admin has allowed you to invite team members to your application form, here are the instructions:
- Select the “Team Management” tab.
- Enter your team member’s e-mail addresses. You can add them individually or add multiple e-mail address at the sametime (separated with commas or line breaks). Please note that in order to be able to submit your application, your team members have to accept their invitationsand fill out their personal details. You can track all of your team members under “Team Members” tab.
- Click on the secured link in the invitation email sent by your team lead
- Log in or create your YouNoodle account
- Accept the invitation from the notifications tab in your dashboard
- Fill in your personal details
- Once you have completed these steps, your team lead will be able to submit.Please note that as a team member you do NOT have the ability to submit the application, only your team lead can.
Please note: If the administrators have allowed you to invite team members to your application form, here are the instructions: You should click on the latest link sent to your email address. You may check with your team if they have already submitted the application.
If you’ve invited team members to your application, they can only fill out their personal details if the application has not been submitted yet.
- Once you have entered the program you would like to participate in, click: “Click here to apply”
- From the Application Form tab and the Personal Form tab, you can fill out all the questions required to participate in the program.
If the deadline for the program has not passed, you may un-submit your application to make changes before re-submitting.
- Go to the “Checklist” tab and and press “Un-submit application” button at the bottom of the page
- Make the changes”
- Re-submit your application. Please be advised that you need to make the changes before the deadlineotherwise you won’t be able to re-submit.
Yes, in order to save your application, you will have to press the “Save Draft” button after updating your information.You can login and go to your account page in order to access your application anytime.
If you encountered technical problems that prevent you from un-submitting your application on time you may contact the program organizer or our team at email@example.com with a detailed explanation of the issue you had and screenshots related to this issue.
In an application, you can generally upload only one document per field and this document has a 10 MB maximum size limit. We support the following file formats: avi, doc, docx, flv, gif, jpeg, jpg, m4v, mov, mp4, mpg, odf, odt, pdf, pptx, psd, rtf, tif, tiff, txt, wmv, xls, slsx If you have any trouble uploading a file that meets these conditions, please contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can check the status of your application on your Dashboard.
- You can also check the status of your application form under the Status tab.
- You will also receive a confirmation email that your application has been correctly submitted.
Your program answers and files, if any, are available to the administrator of your business plan program. Contact the program organizer to find out if anyone else will have access to your files (e.g. judges, mentors). Note that YouNoodle staff will have access, too, but won’t use your information without your permission.
Once the results are released by the program organizer, you will receive an email and will you be able to see your results on the “Feedback” tab. Depending on the program, you might see your score and/or the feedbacks of the judges. If you haven’t heard about your results, please contact your program organizer.
If you already have a YouNoodle account, you can use the same account to participate, judge, and organize other programs.
Yes, you can create multiple applications for a given program with the same YouNoodle account. The YouNoodle platform allows you to manage multiple applications and programs within the same account.
I’m a judge in a program
- You will receive an email from your program organizer, inviting you to the YouNoodle program platform. Please note: to be able to accept your invitation, you must log in or create an account.
- Once you login, you will be taken to your dashboard.
- On your dashboard you will see the judging round name and the “Accept button” in the Notifications tab.Click “Accept” to get started.
- Please set your preferences by selecting Yes, Maybe or No for each category. In order for your preference to be helpful to the organizer, you will need to set those preferences BEFORE the judging round opens. With your preferences, the organizer will assign you applications that are most relevant to your skills and experience. The competition organizer will email you once the judging rounds is open, inviting you to return to the platform to judge your applications.
- The toolbar on the right will contain the list of all the applications and their judging status. The order of the applications will be randomized to avoid any judging bias. Just click any application name to start judging.
- As you save your scores, the applications will be ranked in the “Done Judging”.
- Once you’ve finished judging the application assigned to you, the last step is to press “Submit Scores” button.
- Well done! You have completed the judge scoring process.
Please first check your email to make sure you have used the most recent judge invitation link sent to you from YouNoodle. Make sure to create a YouNoodle account if it’s not already done. If you are still having trouble after this please contact our team at: email@example.com
The Judging Home page will show you the status of your judging and whether the judging round is Open or Closed. If the judge round is Open, you can see how much time you have to judge and the Deadline for you to complete your judging.
While you don’t have to evaluate all your assigned applications in one sitting, you can only submit complete scores and feedback for a given application; we do allow partial scores or feedback to be saved for you to come back later. In order to save partial scores, you will have to click the “Save Draft” button at the bottom of the page.
I’m a recommender for a team
- You should click on the latest link sent to your email address. You should also check with your team if they already have submitted the application.
- When you click on the link, you will be asked to log into your account. Please log in if you have an account with YouNoodle. If you don’t, you will have to set one up
- You can now accept the invitation for the recommender by clicking on the “Accept” button.
In order to recommend a team, you will have to create an account on YouNoodle.com.
I want to apply to a program
- Go to YouNoodle.com
- Click “Apply”
- In the dropdown menus, look for the categories that suit your project; you will be redirected to a page where all the suitable projects will be presented to you.
- Select the program you are interesting in and apply. Remember that you must have a YouNoodle account in order to be able to apply for a competition.
- Alternatively, you can enter your information in the Opportunity Finder and we will e-mail you with relevant opportunities to your startup.